Monday, August 4, 2008

Five Minutes to Enjoy

This is a modern world, the most of the time we are in a rush, living an accelerated pace of life, we don’t give us much time for ourselves, sometimes is good to take the time to enjoy the meal at lunch hour, to take care of our body by relaxing, doing exercise, or resting when we are sick.

Sometime it is good to stop for a moment and watch the world moving quickly instead of being running all the time. It's nice sit down in a good chair to contemplate the sun going down or watch the minutes passing by.

I try to enjoy some moments of the day, it can be any moment, when I walk to a work date, when I take 5 minutes every one or two hours of work or after the meal, giving me some minutes during a day. I use to look for a quiet place between all the noise and movement to relax a few minutes to prepare myself to continue my work.

Weekends I prefer to rest at home, chose a good chair, take a book and read for a while. The place I like to stay has to be quiet, clean and peaceable, where I can concentrate in my thoughts that help me to organize y plan my life, or sometimes to stay I with no thinking at all.


The need to find the things that make us to keep the balance, that way we do not wear ourselves out maintaining for a long time healthy and calm. One of those things is the space where we live, both our intimate space and our workplace. Both are is part of the environment where we develop the projects of life. It can be a reflex of our life because a disorganized and dirty place can reflex part or our person.

Having a quiet, clean and sober place, helps me to relax and think, without noises of or too much decorative items that could distract me. The minimalist architecture is a style I prefer for that place, sober and clean forms that in combination with illumination and other elements can create great spaces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's difficult to escape from the accelerated pace of life of big cities, but that's the way it works. I do 50 min from home to my office so I lost almost 2 hrs in transportation a day.
My wife and I live in a small apartment, I would like to have a garden but we don't have space so we only can have some plants in pots.
I like to spend some time at home, specially weekends, that's the only moment I have to rest. I think the plants give a special touch to the environment that help me to relax y be calm.